WOODSTOCK MUN CONFERENCE (WAMUN)
Woodstock Academy 57 Academy Road, Woodstock, CT 06281
Saturday April 28TH, 2018 8:15-5:00
REGISTRATION is closed
(If we fill up prior to this date we will announce that registration is closing early)
- Registration: 8:15-8:45
- Opening Ceremonies: 9:00-9:30
- 1st Committee Session: 9:45-12:00
- Lunch: 11:30-12:30
- 1st wave: 11:30-12:00
- 2nd wave: 12:00-12:30
- 2nd Committee Session: 12:10-3:30
- 1st lunch wave committee start time: 12:10
- 2nd lunch wave committee start time: 12:40
- Advisor Meeting: 3:00-3:30
- Closing Ceremonies: 3:45-4:15
- UNSC - Central African Republic - Charles
- DISEC - Terrorism in Somalia - Claribel
- HUNSC (Historical Security Council) - On the Second Iraq War - Seamus
- Arab League - Palestine and Israel - Oliver
- UNHCR - Refugees - Isabelle
- Crisis Metacomb's Cabinet - The Native Americans & King Phillip's War - Marlah
- Crisis Colonists' Council - The Native Americans & King Phillip's War - Michael H.
- European Union: The Effects of British Exit from the EU: Brexit - Nandini
This conference will require one position paper which is due to your committee chair.
- Submit your paper to your chair via the email address in the background guide. As far as formatting goes, the chairs will accept anything that you write with no prejudice for one style or another.
Lunch is provided.
During all sessions of the conference, delegates are expected to look presentable in what is called Western Business Attire. Males should wear dress pants, dress shoes, dress shirts, ties and jackets. Females may also wear dress pants and a dress shirt, or a dress or skirt. Dresses and skirts must reach the knee in length and tights must be worn. Blouses should not have a low neckline. More information on female Western Business attire may be found at http://bestdelegate.com/a-beginners-guide-to-model-un-fashion/.
The cost for participation in this conference will be $89.