A Couple Highlights:
- Lucia P., Lucia V. and Indira won both of their rounds which was amazing especially considering they were all at their first competition!
- Our other teams each won one of their rounds.
- Indira took First in the Room both rounds and Lucia V. took Second in both out of 6 speakers.
- Deidre was the highest speaker in our school. Dante, in his first debate competition, tied Deidre in speaker points and had only one more for rank in room so he took second. Abhi took third place for our school.
- The team of Abhi, Dante and Laverne got the most team points of the Westfield teams.
- The judge told Laverne, who at 10 was probably the youngest debater participating, that she was "extremely polished" and had "clearly done this before" even thought it was her first debate competition.
- Laverne, Lucia P. and Lucia V. won the School Spirit Award creating and performing a Westfield chant. Note, the WAs on their cheeks in the attached picture for Westfield Academy!