Summer Day Camp June 2017 Details
(Online Registration below)
WEEK 1 - JUNE 12-16
WEEK 2 - JUNE 19-23
WEEK 3 - JUNE 26-30
MONDAY-THURSDAY 8:45-4:15 and FRIDAY* 8:45 TO 5:00
*Families are invited to join us Fridays at 2:45 to watch their children debate or do MUN and share ice-cream.
Ages 8 to 18 - All levels welcome from Extremely competitive to Beginner; no prior experience necessary. For all weeks, debaters and MUNers will be grouped based on age and experience.
Westfield Academy Summer Camp continues to grow and thrive as we happily welcome new families into our community. We are excited to announce that we are moving to a new and bigger home for weeks two and three of camp this summer. The Quaker Meetinghouse will always be near and dear to our hearts; we will hold our first week of camp there and continue to have our extremely successful academic-year programs at the Meetinghouse as well.
- Week 1: Quaker Meeting House, 144 S. Quaker Lane, West Hartford 06119
- Weeks 2 & 3: Hebrew High School, 300 Bloomfield Ave., West Hartford, 06117
Weeks 1 & 2: Debate
Week 3: campers choose to do either Debate or Model UN.
- Introduction to Debate, or
- Advanced Topics and Competition Prep.
COST and registration
(a) 1 Week - $546 (additional $40 materials fee each week)
(b) Multiple Week Discount - $25 discount per camper for subsequent weeks.
(c) Sibling Discount - $20 discount for each camper after the first camper.
(d) Maximum Discount - $45 per camper per week.
(e) Cost is calculated on a per week basis. There is no prorating. Each week must be paid in full, regardless of the number of days the child attends for that week.
(f) Financial Aid: Last year, almost 17% of our campers attended on full scholarship; about 25% received some financial aid. Some assistance is available on an as needed, first come, first served basis. To apply, please fill in our Financial Aid Application. Instructions for processing are included on the Financial Aid Application.
**Bring a New Friend Cash back Incentive - $20 for bringing a paid camper who is new to Westfield Academy and has never previously attended Westfield Camp. There is no limit to the number of new friends you can bring so help pay for your camp fee by introducing others to the fun! This will be paid out as cash at the end of the camp week.
Click the icon below to register for the number of weeks you will attend.
- The forms in the REGISTRATION PACKET are part of the registration process and must be submitted after registering your child.
- Please do not bring these forms to the camp.
* As part of the registration process, we ask that you submit a digital picture of your camper to Admin@WestfieldAcademy.net. This photograph will be used only in house to help our instructors match your child's name to their faces. If your child's name is one that is commonly mispronounced, please include an audio of the proper pronunciation.
Cost decisions are based on enrollment numbers, therefore, our policy is as follows regarding refunds. Thank you for your understanding.
75% before April 1st
50% before May 1st
15% before May 15th
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE REGISTRATION
- Camp runs from 8:45 - 4:15
- Please note that drop off time is between 8:45 and 9:00. Camp begins promptly at 9:00. Pick up time is 4:15, not 4:30. If your child cannot be dropped between 8:45 and 9:00, and picked up by 4:15, please make arrangements for their care. We are happy to offer Before and After Care for parents whose schedule won’t allow for the 8:45 am drop-off and/or the 4:15 pick-up.
- Before Care runs from 8:00 to 8:45 a.m. Monday through Friday. The cost is $15 a day per child; $10 for additional children from the same family.
- After Care runs from 4:15 to 5:00 Monday through Thursday. The cost is $15 a day per child; $10 for additional children from the same family.
- If you require both Before Care and After Care, the cost is $25 a day per child; $20 for additional children from the same family.
- If you find you are running late on a given day for which you haven’t registered for After Care, please call Pamela at: 860-625-5933.
- Payment is due Monday morning, or, where previously unplanned, on drop off or pick up of child.
If you are able to provide a ride to other campers during your week(s) of summer camp please register your availability here.
If you would like to have your camper(s) carpool with someone (looking for rides), please add your name here.
1. If you take advantage of this option please keep tabs on who enters their info so you can connect with each other.
2. After you have entered your information, it could take up to 5 minutes for it to appear on the spreadsheet.
3. If you need to remove or edit your entry, please email us at WestfieldAcad@gmail.com because that feature has not yet been added :)