There are many reasons to learn to be an effective public speaker and debater
- Students of debate develop their critical thinking skills and analytical reasoning ability
- They learn about history, politics, current events, geography and economics as they prepare for their debates.
- Debaters listen better.
- They improve their note taking skills.
- They gain confidence and maturity.
- They are less likely to accept things at face value.
- Debaters discuss important political, historical and scientific issues.
- They learn about their world.
- They develop intellectually and ethically.
- They come to understand that there are almost always intellectually valid arguments to be made on both sides of even very contentious issues about which they feel strongly.
- They become empowered.
- But, most of all, KIDS LOVE IT! Debating is fun and exciting!!